Sunday, May 5, 2013

April 2013 Beauty Favorites

Hello readers!


    It's been a very very long time since I blogged, yes yes yes. The last time I posted up something was in December 2012. My very first post will be this one in MAY. I will not waste time making excuses because, I was just plain lazy to put up a post, I'll be honest :P But getting back to school and settling down for the new year was pretty hectic too. Anyway, I am back to revive my blog and to post up a new post.

    I decided to do a beauty favorites post for the month of May. This monthly favorites thing sounds pretty fun and I have done it before in the past. I wanted to include a few random favorites but I;m thinking of doing a separate post on that.

For now, here are my April 2013 Beauty Favorites!:

1) Hera Homme Cell Vitalizing Essence

I know I know, isn't this a product for men? Yes, yes it is. I bought this online (well, my Mom paid for it) after watching the Korean drama 'That Winter The Wind Blows' starring Jo In Sung and Song Hye Kyo. Typical Lizzy, watching korean dramas as usual. This drama has become my top favorite of all time. In one of the episodes, the protagonist, the shining, charming hero, used this essence (its obvious they were trying to promote it, and it totally WORKED!).
When I saw it, I immediately told myself "I gotta have it". I had fallen head over heels for Jo In Sung's character in the drama that I told myself "If that's how he smells like, I gotta have it, I gotta smell like that!". My Mom and my sister are also major fans of the drama and they too had fallen head over heels for the dreamy hero. They were determined to hunt down the essence and get a bottle. We all wanted to see how it smells like.

True enough, it smells absolutely heavenly. It smells like what a handsome, hot, charming, hunky guy would smell like. It has a really refresing and clean scent! Now what the product really is is a light and cool toner.
What it does:
- ABcell 2.0™manages skin tone, energy, and skin texture to make skin healthy and lively.
 - 2-functioning (anti-wrinkle & whitening) toner
- Hydrates skin without stickiness

I am in love with its dreamy refreshing scent and its other qualities are bonuses!

2. Bath and Body Works PocketBac Winter Cranberry

 My next favorite is an antibacterial hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works. I love how Bath and Body Works come up with so many different flavors and scents for hand sanitizers. I don't know about you but I find sanitizing my hands more fun to do because of the scents. Bath and Body Works isn't actually available in my country, but I managed to purchase a few of these sanitizer babies in Bangkok. I particularly love this one, Winter Cranberry. I believe this is a limited edition one for Christmas and winter, hence the name Winter Cranberry. It's not winter anymore, in fact it's never winter here in Malaysia since it is a tropical country but I have a little obsession with cranberry scents and I intend to wear the scent all year round. Cranberry scents remind me of Christmas, December and holiday fun!
This sanitizer smells like straight-up cranberry, to me it's the scent of Christmas.


3. Etude House's Peach Beam Blush

Now for the makeup favorites! I have been loving this blush from Etude House in the shade #3 Peach Beam. It gives a healthy glow and a peachy goldish color to the cheeks. It brightens up my face which can look really dull and drabby sometimes. It has a beautiful sheen and it does contain tiny specks of glitter. (Forgive me for my description of the products, I'm not very good in describing things :P)

4. 17 Wild Metallics Eyes in Wild Bronze

Really impressed with this cream shadow in Wild Bronze from 17 Cosmetics. I purchased this product in my last trip to Bangkok. It's a cream shadow with a pretty brownish bronze shade. Surprisingly, the texture is extremely soft like butter (I think its a bit too soft compared to normal cream shadows) and spreads well on my lid.  A little goes a long way, I like to take a tiny amount and just sweep it across my lid. I think this is a good product for an 'all over the lid' look. 

5. 17 Cosmetics Lip Liner in Rose Blush

For lips, my favorite product of the month is a lip liner from 17 Cosmetics in the shade Rose Blush. I absolutely love the color! I'm not sure how to describe it but its very pretty mild, suttle and sweet. I think it looks very vintage and antique. 


6. Revlon Nail Polish in Chic

Nails! I haven't been wearing a lot of nail-polish this month but the one shade which I wore and loved this month was Revlon's nail-polish in #480 Chic. Like its name, it is definitely very chic. It's a greyish blue color that look as if it might come out dull but it does not! It suits my skin tone and it doesn't make my nails look drabby or dull. I love Revlon nail-polishes in general, the brush and the formula gives good application overall, they don't turn sticky or gloopy very fast like some nail-polishes do. 

7. Lily Brown 2013 Spring/Summer Collection Bag

My final favorite is a fashion favorite, I bought this bag in Kinokuniya bookstores, it's one of those bags or free gift that comes with a Japanese fashion magazine. Most fashion magazines from Japan  comes with a bag or a free gift which I think is such a cool idea, I love buying them, you get a magazine full of fashion and beauty ideas and you get a cute bag which is such a bonus! 

This particular one which I'm loving this two months (April and May) is from Lily Brown's 2013 Spring/Summer Collection. Here's how the magazine looks like:

I've never heard about Lily Brown before purchasing the magazine but looking through the pages, Lily Brown has some really cute clothes and accessories! I'm definitely keeping an eye out for Lily Brown's items in the future. 
Now on to the bag (almost drifted off talking about the brand instead of the bag :P), I really love the design of it! There are blue siamese cats all over a white background (layout?).
 (My bag isn't as white and squeaky clean as it was when I first bought it of course.  I should've took pictures when it was spanking new. Oops!)
Normally I refrain from buying items in white because they can get dirty and greyish very fast but I just couldn't resist from purchasing this bag. I've had this for a month already and its the only bag I've been using every single time I go out. I like it because of its fancy cat design and also because its very convenient. I don't normally bring a lot of stuff when I go out so the size of the bag is just right to fit the little amount of things I carry. 
This is how the bag looks like on the inside (you can see my little medication case and EOS lipbalm :P) . It's velvety purple on the inside and has 5 pockets on the sides to fit your phone or any miscellaneous items (the biggest compartment or pocket has a zip by the way).
This bag is covenient and stylish, one stone kill two birds, booyeah! I hope Lily Brown comes out with more bags like this one.


That is it for my beauty favorites (and one fashion favorite) for the month of April! I hope you enjoyed reading this. I'm still trying to adjust back to blogging, typing out a post after a long time is a bit difficult :P I hope I'll be able to put up more blogposts in the future. Thanks for reading! 

Ta-ta for now!:)

Lizzy
Follow me on instagram: @dearlittlefriend
Follow me on Twitter: @ms7may

No comments:

Post a Comment

To my lovely visitors, I hope you guys leave a comment. I read every single sweet comments you leave me. I appreciate it alot! If you'd like to follow each other via GFC, do feel free to tell me! Thanks ^^