Saturday, December 1, 2012

Shopping in Hong Kong 2012

Greetings to all readers :)

  I'm back from a little getaway to Hong Kong Disneyland! I left for the 'Happiest Place on Earth' last Sunday and I just got back a couple of days ago. Oh, I had a magical and wonderful time at Disneyland. It's my third time to Disneyland by the way, you can call me crazy but my sister and I are just obsessed with anything Disney and can never say no to a trip to Disneyland. This time, we brought my Uncle (it's his first time to Disneyland and Hong Kong) along with us and well of course, my parents (whom I'm not sure if they fancy Disney very much as their daughters do) had to tag along, it's not our fault they gave birth to two very passionate Disney fanatics right? :P

 Both my sister and I grew up watching Disney movies and shows, my whole childhood is practically Disney! I'm a teen now and I still watch Disney movies very often, I never grow tired of Disney movies, they're timeless. But I'm very disappointed to see today's Disney channel, the shows aired on what used to be my favorite channel on TV are now silly and not fun at all (excluding Phineas and Ferb, I love that show ;D). I used to spend my days watching Totally Spies, Lizzie McGuire, That's so Raven and many more; but now they are no longer aired. Well, thank God for YouTube, and the people who upload episodes from my favorite Disney channel shows, I'm glad I still can watch the shows online and reminisce ;)

What is your favorite Disney movie/show? 
let me know in the comments! :)





Back to the post, I want to show you guys the goodies I purchased while I was in Hong Kong. I'll probably write more about my trip in the future posts, I'll probably talk about bits and pieces about my magical adventure in Disneyland. I have some photos to share too, but that'll be in another post :) Today, I'll just show you my haul! :)

Let's start off with the items I got from Disneyland! :)
My first ever Minnie Mouse Ears headband! I don't know why I've never bought one in my last two trips to Disneyland, what the heck took me so long to buy one of these? I guess perhaps I was too shy. But I learnt that it was silly of me to feel shy about wearing these ears, I mean c'mon, everyone's wearing one in Disneyland! :D So before this trip I decided that it was time I got myself a pair of Minnie Mouse ears. Besides, I think I look good in this headband. Ever since I bought myself one, I have been in love with it! In fact I'm even wearing it now as I write :) I got the 'bling-bling ones' I like to call, I think it's more flashy and it definitely stands out. Super pretty :)
Took a selca with my new pair of Minnie Mouse Ears while I was sipping on hot cocoa. 

I purchased this lovely little sparkly bow hair tie last minute at the hotel's gift shop (P.S we stayed at the Hollywood Hotel in Disneyland Resort). The day before, my sister and I spotted a young lady with her hair up in a top knot and she tied this pretty thang around her bun and we thought it was just absolutely adorbs. I had to get one! I think it's a very cute hair accessory and I'll definitely dress up my top knot with it in the future.


Another accessory to dress up my hair with, this cute Minnie Mouse ears hairband. I've got a Minnie Mouse Headband so I thought why not get a Minnie Mouse Ears hairband for when I have my hair up in a ponytail? This one however isn't bling-bling or sparkly but very classic and cute, I love it :)




This is an item that I still can't believe I actually bought :P It's a freaking Perry the Platypus hat! I'm sure all of you would recognize Perry, but if you don't, Perry the Platypus is a secret agent slash pet of the famous Disney brothers Phineas and Ferb. When I first saw this, I was like OH-MY-GOSH! I didn't know such thing existed :P This is one hat you don't see everyday so I thought, it's worth buying it. Although I have no clue when will I wear it, I shall make it a point to wear it...somehow... But the main point is, WOWZAS! This is one cool hat! :D




I also picked up a couple of these cute pens, one for my dear best friend and one for me :) I think it'll be cool to write with these, I don't know--it'll probably make me feel cooler xD Every gift shop in Disneyland Resort sells a thousands of these pens and I thought heck, they'll make a good stationery plus they're pretty and cute. Besides, one can never have too many pretty pens to write with.



This item has been very useful for me, it's an iPod/iPhone Dock Connector necklace thingamajigger :p I don't know what it's called exactly but basically you connect your iPod/iPhone to the dock connector thing and you can carry it around with you like necklace. I think it's very convenient and useful since I dislike lugging around my iTouch with me in my hand, now I can just hang it around my neck and wear it around, hands-free. So far my iTouch hasn't dropped when connected to this Connector Necklace thingy, so that's a good sign. My dad got this for me so thank you Daddy :)


Now on to the items I bought outside Disneyland, we only spent one day outside the resort. My mom, my sister and I went shopping the whole day at Tsing-Yi station, Maritime Square. 


I bought this adorable set of Hello Kitty Mustache earrings at one of the stores outside the Maritime Square. I am a fan of Mustaches and a fan of the famous Hello Kitty, put them together and they're a perfect combination of accessory! At first I was hesitant to buy this since I don't wear earrings that often. But in the end I listed down all the reasons I should definitely buy this; I LOVE this and they're such a rare specimen, can't find this in my country so I decided not to lose the chance and buy this. There are 6 pairs of earrings, 3 pairs of Hello Kitty wearing mustaches and  3 pairs of individual mustaches, CUTE! :)



I picked up a few gifts for my girlfriends as well. I went to a beauty store called Colour Mix just right outside one of the entrances to Maritime Square. They were selling these really cute packaged perfume samples which I thought would make the perfect gift. I wanted to buy something small, something cute for my girlfriends so these perfume samples are perfect! They were neatly packed and sold for a good price so I just had to pick up a few. I picked out the scents for my friends according to their personalities. I rarely wear perfume let alone go perfume shopping so this was something new. Sniffing all these different scents made me sniff a little but it was very fun to pick out the perfumes.

I picked up a couple for myself too. I chose Burberry's 'Brit' and Anna Sui's 'Dolly Girl' for myself. Burberry Brit has a floral and pretty lady-like scent whereas Dolly Girl has a citrusy, fruity, and fun scent :) I'm a fruity and floral scent kinda gal.

Anna Sui's Dolly Girl! I love the packaging and the bottle. The bottle is shaped into a head of a doll which sounds creepy but it isn't, it's one of the coolest perfume bottles I have ever seen and available at the store.

Burberry Brit. Can't wait to try this out! :)



I also picked up a couple of the famous EOS Chap Balls/ Lip balms. These are not available in my country, at least I think so, so far I've never seen anywhere selling these babies over here in my country. So I had to get these, they are only HKD $30, which is pretty cheap for such amazing lipbalms. I recently got my first one as a present from my best friend, Abby (THANK YOU ABBY, You're the best!), who got it for me from America. I got the Summer Fruits one which smells AMAZING, like peaches and nectarines. So since I already own the Summer Fruits one, I decided to try out the Honeysuckle Honeydew and Strawberry Sorbet flavored/scented ones. I'll probably give one away to my pal though. Glad I found these at the store! :)



I took a trip down to Sasa too and I left the store with only a single item. I got the Dariya Hair Magic Sheets for Forelock. I've seen people wear this (some YouTube beauty gurus use this as well) but for some reason I was a bit skeptical that it'll hold the hair well but I was wrong, this works well and it keeps my hair away from my face and supports it firmly. Each packet comes with 2 sheets which is definitely enough for me, I bought this for the price of HKD $20.


That is all for my Shopping in Hong Kong post, I can't wait to use all my new items from Hong Kong. I'm most excited about giving away the perfumes and trying them out for myself. I'm also very glad to have found such cute hair accessories at Disneyland, I don't have to be a little girl to wear those cute accessories out, it's cool to style your hair with Minnie Mouse hair accessories...very cool ;)
Don't forget to leave me a comment on your favorite Disney movie/show and if you have any Disneyland memories, I'd love to hear about it too! :)

Have a wonderful day!
OH! And I almost forgot, it's finally the first day of December. Happy December to everyone! Countdown to Christmas~

Lizzy
Follow me on Instagram: @dearlittlefriend
Follow me on Twitter: @ms7may

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lizzie lovely !!! I'm so jealous you've been to Disney Land, even more because you went to Hong Kong !! I really wanna go there =) These HK mustache earrings are so freaking cute and I've been wanting to get my hands on some EOS lip balms for ever. I don't think they sell it n the UK either but I found them on amazon. Still not sure which one I should get !! Let me know your thoughts !

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY , you are too lucky to get into the disneyland :)I wish to go there one day :)
    These all items are too lovely. I want the minnie mouse's hair band badly :3 And the pens and the hat and the earrings of hello kitty too. Am I behaving insane? :P

    I always loved Beauty and the beast and Cindrella of course :)

    Aree
    http://areewithumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the accessories are too cute. I want to get them for my little one. Lucky you got to go to Disneyland in Hong Kong. I went to Disney World in Florida last year. All i remember was everything was ridiculously expensive. It was fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg You're so lucky to have gone to Disneyland during this time since it must be filled with Christmas decorations!!! I'm glad you had a great time there and you got a lot of good buys, I want to buy a mickey ear scrunchie too next time kekeke I can't say which Disney movie is my favorite but my bf says I remind him of Ariel from the little mermaid which is my favorite disney princess =) Did you know Ariels hair was originally blonde? But they changed it to red because it was too hard to colour or something and that red contrasted better with her tail, I'm so glad it's red because her red hair is like her signature!

    ReplyDelete

To my lovely visitors, I hope you guys leave a comment. I read every single sweet comments you leave me. I appreciate it alot! If you'd like to follow each other via GFC, do feel free to tell me! Thanks ^^