Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 10: A Photo of My Favourite Place to Eat and Beauty Buffet Buys






readers!


Aloha in the Hawaiian language means affection, peace, compassion and mercy. Since the middle of the 19th century, it also has come to be used as an English greeting to say goodbye and hello. Currently, it is mostly used in the sense of hello.
Just a little Wikipedia definition of Aloha ;) A little fact for you guys!
~

It is Day 10 of my 30 Day Blog challenge! And the topic of today is
'A Photo of My Favorite Place to Eat'

Because of my health condition, my family and I rarely eat out for the past few years. But of course we do, and when we do, we usually go to ZEN. ZEN is our 'go-to' place for good Japanese food. I recommend going to ZEN (Sunway) for a good Japanese meal.
Another one of my favorite place to eat is at Ootoya. We only eat at Ootoya when we are on vacation at Bangkok because, well, they don't have Ootoya outlets here in where I live :( But every time we visit Bangkok, we never fail to dine at Ootoya. It's basically what we eat everyday at Bangkok, and no, we don't get sick of it. My family and I are BIG fans of the food they serve, by the way, it's a Japanese restaurant (we eat A LOT of Japanese food, it's the most suitable to my special diet). I have mentioned about Ootoya in my food post about my previous trip to Bangkok (2011)

~

Beauty Buffet Buys!

(Because of the big amount of things that I bought from my Bangkok trip, I am breaking my haul into parts. Every post will feature something that I got from Bangkok. I hope you enjoy reading them!)


Beauty Buffet are mini make-up stores (real cute! but can be a little bit cram) located at BTS Sky Train stations. My family and I have been traveling around Bangkok using Bangkok's sky trains which are SO convenient. And at certain stations there will be a Beauty Buffet outlet. My sister and I visited a couple of outlets and different stations before going off to the mall.

Here's what I got:

1) Anne & Florio Nail Polish in No.71
2) Anne & Florio Nail Polish in B16
3) Gino McCray Kabuki Brush
4) Gino McCray Aqua Tint


I bought a Gino McCray Synthetic Face Brush C.26. I wonder if you can call this a kabuki brush? I find that brushes are so expensive nowadays, and fortunately I was in time for the Beauty Buffet sales at a particular outlet, I got this for 259 baht. Compared to others, this brush is way more cheaper. It's very soft and fluffy :) In terms of good application I'm not sure yet because I haven't used it but I'm glad I got it for a reasonable price.

~

I also picked up a couple of Anne & Florio nail polishes. The brown one is in number B16 and the purple one is in number 71.
How it looks like on my nails. I love both colors, I'm so glad I got them. No.71 is a greyish purple, it's sort of similar to Picture Polish's Berry Nice-only lighter. No.B16 is a new color to me, normally I'm more in to blue, purple and pinkish shades but I wanted to try something new and seeing this Brown color, I thought I should give it a try. After applying it, I started to love the color alot, now No.B16 is one of my favorite shades :)
This is 3 coats for No.71 and 2 coats for No.B16, no top coat. I like Anne & Florio nail polishes a lot, I find that they look shiny and glossy even without a top coat.

~
The last item I purchased is a Gino McCray Aqua Tint in Peachy Rose. I bought this at the price of 190 baht. This is my first ever Aqua Tint and I'm excited to try it. Have any of you readers tried an aqua tint before? If you have, how do you use it? Since it's my first time trying one, I could use some tips.

The tint is like a nail polish as you can see. Even the applicator is like a nail polish's one.
A 'swatch'. After rubbing in, I am left with a rosy shade.

~

That is it for my Beauty Buffet Buys and my Day 9 challenge post. I hope you enjoyed reading. Don't forget to comment if you've tried out an aqua tint before :D
Have a wonderful week! Happy Sunday ;)

Cheers,
Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, I love Japanese cuisine, it's as tasty as it's healthy <3

    Those beauty buys look great, the tint looks especially nice! I have a tube but I've never really figured out how to use it either 0_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been once to Wagamama here in London which is one of the most popular japanese restaurent and I really liked it =) I also bought sushi at the Japan Center and ws very yummy !!

    I like lip and cheek stains, when I want a bit of colour but nt too much ! it's perfect =)

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete

To my lovely visitors, I hope you guys leave a comment. I read every single sweet comments you leave me. I appreciate it alot! If you'd like to follow each other via GFC, do feel free to tell me! Thanks ^^